The MTX-R is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere regulator. The MTX-R has excellent cold water performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free flow in extreme environments. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including the innovative endcap solution that solves a long-challenged reality for cold-water divers of first stage freeze up. This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) military requirements for diving in extreme cold environments. The MTX-R is highly reliable and very easy to service.
First Stage Features:
- Break through, innovative, over-moulded first stage endcap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact environmentally dry seal diaphragm system – completely eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release
- Comes standard with 5 MP and 2 HP ports
- The 5th medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions
Second Stage Features:
- Simple to use with no diver adjustment controls and reduced chance of free flow occurrence, pre-settable cracking effort or venturi control by an Apeks approved qualified technician
- High performance, pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate, improving durability of the second stage
- Large, protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places
- Reversible second stage allows for left or right hand configuration
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
- Comfo-Bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort
- Includes left/right reversibility, coldwater capability and the performance you would expect from an Apeks pneumatically balanced valve
- The unit has a high visibility yellow front cover, yellow accent pieces and a 36″ braided flex yellow hose
- Comes standard with small exhaust tee
There are no reviews yet.