The Apeks XL4+ is a compact, lightweight regulator suitable for diving is all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4+ also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the exploration diver with a large amount of equipment.
The XL4+ builds on the XL4 success with the addition of another HP port. Comes in White.
- Breakthrough, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm help prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the 1st stage, resulting in improved cold water performance
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design—as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth
- Compact machined 1st stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- 2 HP ports
- Protection from impact damage
- Compact and lightweight 2nd stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives
- High-performance, pneumatically-balanced, lever-operated poppet valve
- Large, over-moulded, self-flushing and controllable purge button
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability
- Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.