A high performance Atomic Aquatics fin at a moderate price. New XI BladeFins are designed with a firmer blade for ultimate power general purpose diving, tech diving, extreme applications and alternate kicking styles.
- Rigid Low-Profile Side Rails and shorter, stiffer blade make turning and pivoting easier
- Monocoque Structure and Power Plate is connected to the low-profile rails, efficiently transferring power from the leg and foot to the rails.
- Asymmetrical Blade Bend Flexing is better for alternate kick styles. Scissor kicks, frog-kicking and helicopter turning in tight circles put more emphasis on the up-kick or return stroke
- Vertical Stabilizers, or Strakes, add stability and lower drag to keep the fin tracking straight as an arrow
- Exclusive EZ-Lok Buckle System lets you easily snap the buckle on and off.
Rigid Low-Profile Side Rails and Shorter, Stiffer Blade
Makes turning and pivoting easier. Most fins have taller side rails for tracking and bending strength. The Atomic X1 BladeFin has lower profile rails with less side-to-side resistance that allow you to rotate, spin and turn more efficiently during alternate fin kick.
Monocoque Structure and Power Plate
Unique structural engineering design is connected to the low-profile rails, efficiently transferring power from the leg and foot to the rails.
Asymmetrical Blade Bend Flexing
This design attribute is perfect for alternate kicking styles. Scissor kicks, frog-kicking and helicopter turning in tight circle put more emphasis on the up-kick or return stroke. For these kick styles, the X1 provides more feel and control of the fin to maneuver more effectively without folding under heavy load.
Vertical Stabilizers or Strakes
Adds stability and lowers drag to keep the fin tracking straight as an arrow. Other fin designs use taller side rails to keep the fin tracking straight. By using strakes to straighten the fin, the X1 BladeFin does not add significant side drag like tall side rails.